Studio in the Woods is a five-day outdoor summer workshop, now in its seventh year, led by a group of award-winning architects and engineers aimed at architectural students, practicing architects and anyone with an interest in sculpture, landscape and the direct experience of making and building with materials to hand.
“… far from being just a bunch of hippies waving chainsaws in the woods, the event proved to be a concentrated learning experience in debating and evolving ideas and of collectively hammering together the results. It was impressive to see how much can be achieved in little more than two days by teams of a dozen people with no bureaucracy or paperwork involved.” From: ‘It’s hammer time’ by James Payne on Studio in the Woods, Building Design, July 2010 – Download and read the BD Article here
Studio in the Woods 2013 is hosted by Je Ahn and Maria Smith, Studio Weave
- Je Ahn and Maria Smith, Studio Weave, and Sebastian Cox
- Piers Taylor, Invisible Studio
- Jernej Cencic Gianni Botsford Architects, and Kate Darby
- Susanne Tutsch and Barbara Kaucky, Erect architecture
- Toby Lewis, FCBS and University of Bath
- Toby Maclean, TALL engineers
- Charley Brentnall (international wood guru), read more here and here
Lecturers and Guest Critics
- Thursday 11 July
- Jane Hall and Alice Edgerley, Assemble
- Joni Steiner, OO:/ Architecture
- Friday 12 July
- Hana Loftus and Tom Grieve, HAT Projects
- Robert Mull, The Cass
- Saturday 13 July
- Ron Hoskins, local beekeeper and legendary creator of the ‘indestructable bee’
- Ted Cullinan, Edward Cullinan Architects
Studio in the Woods 2013: Wednesday 10-Sunday 14 July 2013
Stanton Park, Wiltshire.
Workshop Fee £165.00 Inc Tent Pitch, Materials and Catering.
Studio in the Woods 2013 is hosted by Studio Weave and made possible with the generous support of Swindon Borough Council and The Woodland Trust.
No comments yet.