Artists or design teams are invited to submit proposals for this new and exciting public art commission, with a project value of £21,000. The work is to be sited within the James Square location of the University of Plymouth campus. This environment has been recently landscaped and provides a large public piazza space, which is one of the main pedestrian thoroughfares for the University.
The concepts proposed should respond to the following creative pointers: Interactivity, Housing, Enterprise, Shelter. These themes can be interpreted very broadly and the work can embrace a range of sculptural media and approaches.
Selection will be by way of a two-stage submission.
In Stage 1 we will consider the history of the artist’s practice, quality of delivery and the appropriateness of the proposal.
Artists are required to submit:
- A curriculum vitae (including artist statement)
- Up to a maximum of 10 images (CD, DVD, or photographs) of recent work (All should be labelled with artists name, date, materials and project name and be relevant to the proposed project)
- Listing of publications, catalogues or published articles, reviews
- Outline of concept for proposed artwork (max 500 words)
- Submission by email or fax will not be accepted.
- Applicants will need to arrange collection of work they wish returned.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
Closing Date For Stage 1: 28 February 2011, 12 noon
Successful applicants will be informed by end of March 2011
A maximum of 3 artists will be shortlisted and will receive a Stage 2 invitation.
Further information including Criteria for Selection at www.peninsula-arts.co.uk