The Xth Sculpture Network International Forum – Sculpture Today A Space For Inquiry – Experience Re-Codified – takes place at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao. It will address the theme with an international panel of experts and artists to question: How is “space” understood? Which is the spectator’s role? How is our experience of the piece? How do issues of sustainability and resource influence sculpture making and thought?
- Friedrich Teja Bach (AT), Professor at the Institute for Art History, University of Vienna
- Oliver Wick (CH), curator at large, Fondation Beyeler, Riehen
- Brigitte Franzen (DE), Director Ludwig Forum für Internationale Kunst and curator Skulptur Projekte Münster 07
- Lynne Cooke (AUS), Chief Curator Museo Reina Sofia, Madrid
- Tony Cragg (UK), artist
- Susan Philipsz (UK), artist
- Miroslaw Balka (PL), artist
- Jaume Plensa (ES), artist
Dates: 10-12 November 2011 in collaboration with the Guggenheim Bilbao, where the current exhibition is presenting the sculptures of ‘Brancusi – Serra’. Visits to Alfa Arte –Sculpture Productions; Museo Chillida Leku; and a public sculpture tour of San Sebastian will be part of the programme.
Images: Richard Serra; John Bock, Palms, 2007 (Exhibited in El interval luminoso 12-4 to 11-09-2011.) Courtesy Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao