The Public Art Project aims to create exciting and challenging opportunities for innovative contemporary public art projects for Malta. The Public Art Project will commission established and emerging artists to make new works of a permanent and site specific nature, which have an impact on different locations and their public.
This programme of commissions will aim to:
- Establish a distinct and vibrant, visually rich environment for public places by creating new spaces and regenerating old ones
- Create a visual and aesthetic legacy
- Foster and promote contemporary artistic heritage by increasing awareness of innovative artistic work
- Stimulate the growth of a culturally informed public
- Make the arts more widely accessible whilst developing new audiences
- Assist innovation and creativity by investing in artists
- Provide platforms for artists to showcase their work
- Encourage civic pride
The Ministry for Resources and Rural Affairs (MRRA) and the Malta Council for Culture and the Arts (MCCA) recognise the importance of commissioning art for the public realm as an important stimulus, not only for artists, but more significantly, for the community at large.
Malta Council for Culture and the Arts – 230, Republic Str, Valletta, VLT1116, Malta
T: +356 2124 5168 E: email@example.com
Click here to download The Public Art Project information: